Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stripped Yet Recovering

To be a woman who was raped, sexually abused, verbally manipulated and beaten into being a nobody and to exist in a world that needs you to recover and blossom and be the woman that I was created to be is absolutely difficult. I had a dream a few years ago that I was running from demons and those demons caught me and beat me until I appeared to be dead. Even I thought I was dead and after they "killed" me they left me in the street but somehow I had a breath. A small faint breath and I began to recover and I ran into the church to tell them what an amazing miracle had just occured and they hated me. They did not want to hear one word that I said and they made me feel like I was just a "sinner". Today when I think back at that dream it reminds me of where I am now in my life. The typical Christian answer will not fit my situation. I thank God that He is my first and my last breath when I need Him because today He spoke to me and told me through an unlikely vessel you are somebody. Now if this was random I would've put it on my shelf of "words from the Lord" LOL but everything that is happening in my life right now confirmed that what she was saying from miles away and very little recent contact was true, down the fact that I ran across a scripture card that I wore in my ID case while I was in Iraq and that scripture card says "The Lord God says, For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11. That scripture has been my life line through so many of the terrible trials that I endured alone. My God has never, ever, ever, let me down and I am grateful for His love. His love is the very air that I breathe. (Exhale) So right now as life is taking its turns to bring me to a beautiful situation I release all judgement, all ridicule, all "advice" that does not line up with what the Holy Spirit is speaking ever so gently to me. There will be some who will hate to hear me speak and the sad part is the mesage that God has for me to deliver is one of hope, and love, and uplifting because that is what He has been to me.

2 comments: