Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Faith Renewed

There exists among the kingdom of God on Earth, those who worship and truly love God AND people. There are those who are polite and loving, kind, genuine and sincere and they are everywhere. Today I had the priviledge to go to a Woman's Bible Study and I immediately felt welcome. I felt like even though I did not know 1 name or 1 person, I have never saw these people before that somehow we all had this 1 common bond and it was true. We all are daughter's of God. I was not amongst those who looked like me on the outside but they welcomed me and greeted me and remembered my name quickly. What an amazing feeling. As I listened to the Ladies speak I took no posture of someone who has read and knows her Bible but instead I sat as a child with wide eyes, open ears and an open heart. It was so refreshing not to have to be guarded or to wonder when someone would try to slip in their own sugar coated theology to glorify themselves. I was an amazing thing to look around the room at all of these woman who have been dilligently seeking God and allowing Him to transform them into His likeness. Alot of times that is the minority of a Christian congregation. Today I felt like it was the majority. I keep saying the word felt because I had my spiritual senses in effect :) You have to try the spirit by the spirit and that is more of a feeling for me than a mental checklist. I felt love, I felt purity, I felt the sisterhood. I was at peace and welcome even though I was under dressed in the natural, I had my hair back in a low ponytail LOL I felt at home and unjudged. This is why my faith was renewed. I needed to see that others love God and love people like I do. I needed to see that I was not the only one that I would know. I knew there were other "lovers" out there but in this great of numbers was totally amazing. I give God the glory for this day. I am so grateful. I feed on the pure, untampered, untwisted Word of God today amongst the glorious daughters of the kingdom. :) What a beautiful Tuesday morning. Thank you Jesus.

Tomorrow is the first day of Lent. I have never celebrated it before but I believe that I found out today so that I can be apart of this time of reflection on what Jesus has done for me.
May God bless you.


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I have never taken part in Lent either. In my eyes it has always been a Catholic holiday, but you're right. We can use this time to better focus on our Heavenly Father, even more so when we are tempted by our earthly desires.

    What are you giving up? I'll do it with you by giving up processed foods. Boy will that be hard! But I'm finding myself having way less focus on God than I used to since I started my fitness journey. We can be accountability partners! What do you say? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! WOW! Thats amazing! I would love to be accountability partners. I am giving up FB and over eating. I am going to develop the skills to eat in moderation in order to glorify God in my body. One of the fruit of the spirit is self control and I believe that I can since I am a child of God afford to work on this concerning my eating. I am adding some daily Bible study. I am using the devotion on Youversion.com to learn about Lent and I also signed up for this devotion at Christianbook.com. http://www.christianbook.com/lent_devotional

      Delete
    2. The link to the devotional didn't work. I guess we will communicate on blogger instead of FB ;)

      I have the perfect book for you! Us! My sister-in-law visited this weekend and had this book with her. I HATE reading books. But I picked this one up and couldn't put it down for over an hour! You HAVE to get it! It's called Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food.

      And if you buy the Weight Watchers point book you don't need to buy their food.

      http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/made-to-crave-lysa-terkeurst/1100476825?ean=9780310293262&itm=1&usri=made+to+crave

      Delete
  2. Add me as a friend on FB! facebook.com/dmariesweetpea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added you as a friend today but I wont be on until Sunday :) It is really nice to meet you!!!

      Delete