Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Third Day of School

I am currently going to school to become a Personal Fitness Trainer. Though I am not skinny because of my eating habits I am strong and I have a great desire to be fit. Today is my 3rd day of school and I am feeling amazing. I went to the Farmer's Market to pick up some fresh in season locally grown produce and as I was reflecting on my diet I came to the conclusion that too many rules are just too many rules. I believe that the basic and most simple rule to follow is calories in vs calories out produces results. (Whether pleasant of unpleasant it true) I thought about doing the Atkins Diet again and following all of the rules but at the end of the day, I can not live without my favorite foods. I thought about doing Weight Watchers because it is a disciplined system that works and I believe that I would enjoy it but would I fail if I didnt want to pay for it for the rest of my life??? I dont think so, so its not completely out of my mind. And I recently started to read about Clean Eating. Now the principles are good. So out of the 5-10 rules they have I decided to adopt a couple to implement in my life. 1 is buy local and buy in season food. 2. Is to (attempt) to eat foods with 5 or less ingredients 3. Is to avoid foods that have no nutritional values. Those are the ones that I have chosen to adopt. AND they are translated in a way that I am willing to follow. The book is good but to be honest oatmeal with nothing in it but bee pollen and cinnamon is DISGUSTING (to me) So that wouldve never lasted long. However there is something to glean from all of the diets that are out there and that is that moderation is key. So as you know I have not ruled out Weight Watchers because it is based on a balanced system, many people succesfulyl implement the plan into their lives and you also have a little overage in order to enjoy your favorites weekly. There is an monetary investment to be made but I believe that you must invest in everything that you truly wish to partake in. Right now I am convincing myself that this would be good for me. So I will let you know if I have become a subscriber next week. I'm still on my quest to live my life to it's fullest. :)

1 comment: