Sunday, February 19, 2012

Planning

Tomorrow I begin my journey to health and wellness. I read and interesting article called Diets Dont Work. Once I read that it made me question my method of losing weight. Is it just a diet or am I willing to change? I have been contemplating new ways to eat for a while and last year I was successful at losing 60lbs however it all crept its way back on when I went back to trying to eat normal. I call myself trying to not to change everyone around me and just deciding to settle instead of doing the hard work of pulling in the opposite direction of average, normal, tradition and unhealthy yet accepted. I have been forced to reevaluate my original motivation. Is it good enough just to want to look good? I have decided that that is not good enough for me because once I get to a weight that I am happy with I tend to just hover there and start fighting an uphill battle with trying to maintain it. My HUGE goal last year was to look good for my husband when he stepped off that plane from Afghanistan and BABY it was a wrap I DID IT! I looked stellar and I felt amazing but once I checked that off, I neglected to create a goal beyond that so I drifted back up stream. Though I look a little better because I have more muscle now I am not eating well and I feel pretty crappy to be honest. So tomorrow my journey begins not to look good because that is a fringe benefit but to live a healthy life. I want to be healthy, I want to weight a healthy weight and have a healthy BMI and maintain that for the rest of my life. My goal is July 25th 2012 that will be my son's second birthday. So OPERATION HEALTHY ME begins NOW!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Have you chosen a workout plan? Here are 10 additional reasons to be in shape:

    http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/10-reasons-to-work-out-that-have-nothing-to-do-with-a-sexy-bod/

    ReplyDelete